Friday, April 4, 2014

Chapters 1-5 (Divergent) 04/06/14

For this independent reading I chose to read Divergent by Veronica Roth. This book is about a utopian society, people are spilt up into factions and you get to choose which faction you get put into based off of your test results. But there are some people that are called divergent because they fit into multiple factions. These people are a threat to the government and the government is trying to kill them. Tris chose a faction called Dauntless, which are brave and fearless people, she left her family.

           For this blog I read the first couple of chapters. It basically gave an overview of the whole story and explained what it was about. It also introduced the fact that Beatrice/ Tris was a divergent. This book has very good detail and similes. I felt like I was in the book, and I could imagine the scenes and what it is like. Some examples of this are, “He has my father's dark hair and hooked nose and my mother's green eyes and dimpled cheeks."(page 3) which is describing the way her brother, Caleb looks. Another example is, "... unmade bed and a stack of books on his desk." which is a description of Caleb's room.

            What I think will happen is the government will do something to try and outlaw all the divergents. Maybe get them alone somehow and kill them. But I then think divergents will be able to beat the government, considering they are special and out power them because they are all factions combined. I think Tris’ parents will disown her and not want anything to do with her, or help her because she switched factions.


For this I got a picture of what I thought the dauntless place looked like:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment